Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The End of DarkComet RAT - Part 1: The Introduction - Update

I forgot to mention the story from last year about how DarkComet was ported to Mac computers - facts are important -  if for no other reason than to bolster the argument that DarkComet's uses are likely more malicious than condoned.


Before you rail against me - let me note as an aside that I recognize the Metasploit, Backtrack, Core Impact, etc, etc, etc. argument against criminal enforcement. They are legal tools that do the same, and they generate more money (exponentially) than DarkCoderSc could have ever made with DarkComet. That's the beauty of a three-part series. At the end, rail away. Comments are not only allowed, but encouraged throughout the process. But please, vindicate or vilify me when appropriate.

~J

0 comments:

Post a Comment